PROBLEM NAME: THE STUDENT AVERAGE PROGRAM PROBLEM STATEMENT AND REQUIREMENTS Plan and design the algorithm logic of the â€œStudent Averageâ€ program using IPO analysis and the Raptor tool. The following are the functional requirements: â€¢ The program shall allow the user to enter the studentâ€™s ID, studentâ€™s name, and studentâ€™s mid-term and final exams grades. â€¢ The program shall compute the studentâ€™s total â€¢ The program shall compute the studentâ€™s average grade. â€¢ The program shall display a report card showing the student ID, name, total, and average.
ASSUMPTIONS AND CONSTRAINTS
1. The maximum rating for each exam is 100 points.
2. The average is calculated by adding the two grades and then dividing them by 2.
3. The average must be displayed in percentage format
4. The assignments for which the average is calculated can vary in number and type; however, in
this version of the program, the program logic is limited to handling two assignments only and of
the same type (exams); a mid-term and final exams.
5. The report card shall not contain the student name.
6. The program may handle more than one student; however, in this version of the program the
program logic is limited to handling one student at a time.
7. The structure used to compose the computation is a sequence structure. Other structures will be
covered in subsequent assignments.
1. Algorithm analysis leading to an IPO Chart
2. Algorithm planning leading to a Pseudocode
3. Algorithm design and evaluation leading to Flowchart
DELIVERABLES AND FORMAT
1. Use the Solution template in word to document your algorithm analysis in a form of IPO chart.
2. Use the solution template in word to document your algorithm using Pseudocode.
3. The solution template must be named using the specified file name format for this class.
4. Use the Raptor tool to design and evaluate your algorithm using flowchart.
5. The Raptor file must be named using the specified file name format for this class.