For your portfolio project, you will be applying the knowledge gained from each module of the course to a typical workplace problem.
Using the knowledge and insights that you have gained in the course, prepare a proposal for your workplace or other organization you are involved with, such as college, church, or a club, that details a current organizational problem or issue and the solution you propose to eliminate or minimize the problem. Be specific in what you present. Use the outline below to guide the writing of your Portfolio Project.
- Provide an overview of the problem that you are attempting to solve.
- List several solutions suggested by research.
- Propose the best solution (and state why it is the bestâ€”your thesis) to the problem with academic research that supports your proposed solution.
- Supply a time and cost analysis for implementing your proposed solution.
- List the benefits to the organization and how benefits will be measured (metrics) in the areas of time, efficiencies, quality, and/or cost savings.
- Articulate theoretical and practical considerations for implementing your solutions/plans.
The paper should be clear, concise, and focused as is the case with all business proposals. The paper should be 6 – 10 pages including references, and follow CSU-Global APA guidelines for formatting and documentation.
Required Number of Sources: At least three academic journal articles, with a minimum of 10 and no more than 15 total credible sources. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find academic journal articles/credible sources.
(Other credible sources online or print can be newspaper opinion pieces, professional magazine articles, social and political magazines like the The New Yorker and Atlantic, University websites, YouTube videos, professional blogs, CNN and other online new magazines.)
The following Portfolio deliveries are due at the end of Modules 3 and 5 and 6:
- Topic proposal by the end of Week 3: choose an organizational management topic of interest to you and submit a 1-2 page topic proposal explaining why you are interested in this topic and why it is important to research at this time.
- Outline by the end of Week 5: submit an outline of your Portfolio Project paper with detailed heading and subheadings.
- Discussion post about the problem you have selected and verifiable evidence to support that the problem does exist in Week 6.
Failure to submit any of these deliverables will result in points deducted from your final project.