Please just follow the guideline below and answer accordingly. I will attach some articles the University need to be used. Some must go to online website especially in task 3, http://www.hpb.gov.sg/
• Use Arial 12 point with 1.5 spacing and number the pages.
• Where you have adapted material from a particular source you must reference correctly with Harvard citation.
• This is a portfolio and not an essay so there is no need for an introduction or conclusion except in task 3.
• Start each of the 5 tasks on a separate page, giving a number and title as a heading.
• Write in full sentences in academic style, unless reflection is specifically asked for; then it is acceptable to use “I”, “my”.
• List any references cited in each task at the end of that task
TASK 1- Atkins & Murphy article
The article by Atkins S, & Murphy K, (1994) Reflective practice, Nursing standard 8 (39), 49-56, Nursing Standard. Is available in Articles as a pdf file. Although this is an old source (1994) it is still highly relevant.
Take personal notes in your own words from the article and answer the questions below;
• What is reflection/reflective practice?
• What critical thought processes underpin reflection?
• What is the difference between reflection in action and reflection on action?
• How does the Gibbs model of reflection compare with the Atkins and Murphy model in the article and which would you prefer to use and why?
Write up in full sentences totalling 300 -400 words and submit in your portfolio as task 1.
This article is available in the Sources for Portfolio Tasks tab
TASK 2 – Evidence-based approach to global health promotion
An evidence-based approach to nursing is now the norm but this approach is relatively new in health promotion especially in relation to fighting the greatest global determinant of health – poverty.
a) Access the link below and listen to the video/audio clip of a talk lasting nearly 17 minutes. The talk is on fighting poverty in developing countries and the speaker focuses on whether interventions work and whether or not they are worth funding.
Ted Talks (2010) Esther Duflo: Social Experiments to fight poverty. Available at
The speaker Esther Duflo has a strong French accent but on the right hand side of the video screen you can access an interactive transcript of her talk, choosing either English or Chinese.
b) Take personal notes as you listen to the talk and compose a 200 word summary in your own words on the three evidence-based areas identified as successful.
c) Submit this 200 word summary for your portfolio accompanied by 100 words of reflection which focus on your feelings about the messages in the talk, noting anything which surprised you.
Note that your reflection should be structured using an identified model/framework of reflection. In this portfolio you need only cite this in the first task you use it in.
TASK 3 – Determinants of health and trends
Singapore is a high income, developed country in the World Health Organisation (WHO) Western Pacific region. Residents in Singapore generally have good health with high life expectancy and low mortality rates. This has resulted in an ageing population with increasing chronic health issues.
Write a 500 word referenced essay which answers the question what are the key health issues facing Singapore, currently and in the future?
Start from the Singapore Health Promotion Board website http://www.hpb.gov.sg/ and then locate and use at least 5 other sources of data and information to provide referenced support for your essay.
Remember all essays should include:
1. An Introduction that states how you are going to answer the question/task set and give so specific examples of areas to be covered
2. A Main Body that addresses the task/essay question with references citation using Harvard citation method
3. A Conclusion that draws out the key points from the essay and indicates the implication for future practice (this might be for you as a practitioner or the service/policy more generally)
TASK 4 – School-based health promotion
Below is a journal article by Nathan et al. (2011) which has arisen from a research project about promoting fruit and vegetable consumption in school children.
a) Access the link and read/study the article in detail, taking personal notes.
b) Using your notes about the article, make a 300 word précis (summary) in your own words which answers the questions: what are the key messages from this article and is there enough evidence offered to support the messages?
Do not replicate the abstract.
c) Then include a 200 word personal reflection on how (or if) the recommendations could be applied to your own nursing practice.
Nathan, N. et al. (2011) Vegetable and fruit breaks in Australian primary schools:
prevalence, attitudes, barriers and implementation strategies.
Health Education Research 26(4) pp. 722-731.[internet] available at: http://her.oxfordjournals.org/content/26/4/722.full.pdf+html
This article is also available in Articles
TASK 5 – Nurses’ role in smoking cessation
Below is a journal article by Whyte et al. (2006) which has arisen from a Scottish research project about interventions for tobacco smoking.
a) Access the link below and read/study the article in detail, taking personal notes.
Whyte, RE., Watson, HE., McIntosh, J.(2006) Nurses’ opportunistic interventions with patients in relation to smoking. Journal of Advanced Nursing Volume 55, Issue 5, pages 568–577 [internet] available at:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.ezproxy.napier.ac.uk/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03949.x/full This article is also available in Articles
b) Answer the 8 questions about the Whyte et al. paper in 300 words and submit for your portfolio.
• What is the study called?
• Who conducted it?
• When was it conducted / published?
• What were the aims of the study?
• What happened?
• What were the findings or results?
• What conclusions were drawn?
• What were the strengths / weaknesses / limitations in your opinion?
c) Also include 200 words of personal reflection on the following:
• Your thoughts and feelings about the paper and the results, including what interested you or surprised you.
• How this compares to your experience so far in assessment of or health education with patients who smoke.
• How (or if) the recommendations could be applied to your own nursing practice.
We Can Also Assist You With Similar Orders At Highly Discounted Rates!!!