Discuss the importance of forecas.ng and es.ma.on in the context of project management
In this report you will need to describe and discuss the contribu.on and significance of Project
Management func.ons and certain methodologies to the overall business environment.
Your report should address the following three areas:
1. Discuss the importance of Project Management in the modern business environment.
How does it link and impact the rest of the business func.ons? (e.g. Opera.ons,
Supply Chain Management, Strategic Business Planning etc.) – 1000 words
2. Discuss the importance of forecas.ng and es.ma.on in the context of project
management. – 1000 words
3. There are five performance objec.ves widely used by project managers in order to
evaluate project vendors. These are Flexibility, Dependability, Speed, Quality and
Price. Discuss how the five performance objec.ves (Flexibility, Dependability, Speed,
Quality, Cost) can be u.lized by Project Managers to improve project execu.on and
delivery. – 1000 words
This coursework should follow a structured approach and should be prepared and presented
professionally. You should undertake a relevant literature review that helps inform your report.
You will need to take the following into account when compleYng your assignment.
• Use of relevant theory, models and techniques;
• AllocaYon of credit and sources used; (have I included references and citaYons to the
material I have used?);
• Clarity of argument and relevance to the project management context
• Overall report presentaYon including spelling and grammar;
• Adherence to nominated word limit
You need to follow a report format. Therefore you should have a Ytle page, contents page,
secYons and sub secYons, page numbers, appendix secYon etc. Please note if you are uncertain
on how to present and structure a report then visit hdps://www.salford.ac.uk/skills-forlearning/home/assessment-revision-and-exams
Please do use diagrams, illustraYons, tables, graphics etc. wherever these are helpful, and
remember that these do not count towards your word limit.
You must cite all sources on which you have relied, for example textbooks, journal arYcles, web
pages etc. using the Harvard Bibliographic referencing system. If you do not cite all sources,
then you may be accused of plagiarism, and that may endanger your success in passing the
module. If you are in any doubt about how to reference your work, please obtain guidance from
the library and/or your academic librarian(s) for this module.