Deanza College Inter Club Council & Social Justice Project Research Paper
will write a 8 page, typed, double-spaced paper, analyzing your service
learning project sociologically. Here’s how:
1. Spend the first 1-2 pages introducing me to the organization or club. Introduce me to their
history, mission, the population it serves or the cause it promotes, and your role in the
club or organization.
2. The next 2-4 pages should be an analysis of the club/organization. Choose three
sociological concepts you learning in class and
a. Define the concept
by referring to the course material.
b. Show, in detail, how this concept applies to what you’ve observed in your
3. The last 1-2 pages should be a critical evaluation of the club/organization. While I’m sure
it does good work, no club or organization is perfect. How could it be improved? What
suggestions do you have?
Things to remember:
1. Cite your sources. You cannot get an A without citing.
2. Be concise, but provide details.
3. Choose difficult, but applicable, concepts. Some sociological material is harder to grasp
than others. I encourage you to take risks and challenge yourself, rather than playing it
4. Show me you’ve been coming to class and reading the books. Incorporate as much course
material as you can.
5. THINK ABOUT THIS PAPER AS YOU GO ABOUT YOUR SERVICE LEARNING.