BUS 411 Change Management
|Issue 18/08/2011||Revision Date 25/06/2018||Ref No. ECT-ACAF-ACAFO- FRM.027|
|Course Name||Management Information Systems|
|Instructor’s Name||Dr. Bilel Elayeb, Dr. Nazia Shehzad, Dr. Myriam Bounhas|
Note: This Assignment accounts for 25% of the student’s final grade.
- You are required to accomplish your work individually.
- The Soft copy of the Word file should be uploaded to the Turnitin Moodle Website (https://lms.ectmoodle.ae).
Answer the following questions:
Question 1: (9 marks)
Select a real-life example of a firm then describe the systems-building method used by this firm to develop its information technology system. You can select any of the following methods:
(1 mark for the example of firm and 4 marks for the systems-building method).
- Traditional systems life-cycle.
- End-user development.
- Application software packages.
Discuss the strengths and drawbacks of this systems-building method.
(2 marks for the strengths and 2 marks for the drawbacks)
Question 2: (9 marks)
Explain how telecommunications tools, Internet connection and wireless technology can enhance e-business performance using a real-life example of a firm. Your answer should include:
- Only one example of a real-life e-business firm. (1 mark)
- Telecommunications tools. (2 marks)
- Internet connection. (3 marks)
- Wireless technology. (3 marks)
Question 3: (7 marks)
Describe the following information systems controls in case of a real-life firm. Your answer should include:
- Only one example of a real-life firm. (1 mark)
- Software controls. (1 mark)
- Hardware controls. (1 mark)
- Computer operations controls. (1 mark)
- Data security controls. (1 mark)
- Implementation controls. (1 mark)
- Administrative controls. (1 mark)
1 This Assignment is Dr. Bilel Elayeb‘s own original production. No one is allowed to use it, in its entirety, or use parts of it without Dr. Bilel Elayeb‘s prior written consent.