Assignment 2: Discussion—Planet, People, Profit—Global Perspective Corporate Social Responsibility (
Assignment 2: Discussion—Planet, People, Profit—Global Perspective
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has gained in importance over the last decade. Companies are not only evaluated based on their financials, but also based on their activities related to the society in which they operate and the consequences of their operations on the environment.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, select an MNC that was recently recognized for its high CSR standards and practices, and an MNC recently involved in a social, environmental, or ethical dispute.
Next, do the following:
- Describe the practices of the MNC recognized for high CSR standards.
- Contrast its practices with those of the company that was identified as having poor CSR practices.
- Evaluate practices and consequences of both companies as related to CSR.
Beginning Wednesday, March 2, 2016, post your responses to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Through Sunday, March 6, 2016, comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.
- Posted: 4 years ago
- Due: 03/03/2016
- Budget: $8