Week 10 eActivity
Â· Watch the video Chapter 17, titled â€œIntroduction to Lean Manufacturing,â€ (9 min 35 s), located in the course shell. Be prepared to discuss.
Â· Use the Internet to research airline companies including Southwest Airlines and some full-service airlines such as United Airlines and British Airways. Take a note on their lean service systems. Be prepared to discuss.
Â· Use the Internet to research companies that use project management techniques such as CPM or PERT. Be prepared to discuss.
“Lean Operating Systems” Please respond to the following:
1. From the first e-Activity, examine at least three different types of waste that can be found in an organization of your choice. Suggest the lean strategies to confront them.
2. From the second e-Activity, compare and contrast the lean service system found with Southwest Airlines to a full-service airline such as United Airlines, British Airways, and other large carriers in terms of cabin service, boarding process, baggage handling, and service encounters.
3. Recommend ways for the airline carriers to improve their lean operation system in terms of speed and quality while reducing waste and costs. Explain your rationale.
“Project Management” Please respond to the following:
1. From the third e-Activity, provide at least two examples of companies that have used project management techniques such as CPM or PERT. Evaluate their success in operations.
2. Determine at least two factors that impact the quality of project management. Suggest ways these factors can be mitigated without affecting project operations.
NO PLAGIARISM. NO ESSAYS. ANSWER EACH QUESTION IN 2 TO 3 PARAGRAPHS AND PROVIDE REFERENCES. NO BROKEN ENGLISH.